Electronics Engineer – Aerospace Industry – Remote with travel to Brighton
My global aerospace client are currently looking for an Electrical Engineer to join their team in Brighton. They have 50,000 employees across 130 countries and are rapidly growing in the UK.
Responsibilities of the role:
- To develop electronic concepts based on abstract schemes and/or customer specifications whilst considering the interaction with system and other design requirements.
- Analyse electrical requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints
- Develop block diagrams and interface control documentation.
- Conduct experimental tests & evaluate results.
- Select suitable components & equipment based on analysis of specifications & reliability requirements.
- Participate in and conduct design reviews on behalf of the company and present technical briefings as required.
- Liaise with manufacturers and production engineering department.
Experience & Skills:
- Electronic design experience with a relevant degree qualification
- Ability to generate schematics to meet design requirements from first principles
- Experience in all aspects of PCB design/layout
- Proven knowledge of electro-mechanical systems
- Understanding of implementation of motors, solenoids and their control systems.
- Understanding and appreciation of both digital and analogue electronic disciplines.
- Understanding of material properties and selection criteria for application.
- Manufacturing methods suitable for the design intent.
- Experience of using Altium (for schematic capture and PCB layout)
- Experience in 4+ layer flex-rigid PCB design
- Firmware design knowledge
- VHDL / Verilog
- Understanding design and implementation of CPLD / EPLD within designs
- Hands on mechanical experience, i.e. using machine tools and general assembly an advantage.
- Ability to understand customer specifications to ensure the design meets all EMC/EMI requirements
- Ability to write test procedures to support test activities to prove compliance
If you are interested in this position, please either apply via LinkedIn, or send me an email containing your CV to email@example.com
By applying to this role you understand that we may collect your personal data and store and process it on our systems. For more information please see our Privacy Notice https://eu-recruit.com/about-us/privacy-notice/