Planning and Control Engineer – Autonomous Driving
This client is one of the largest tier-one automotive industry suppliers in the world, on autonomous vehicle technology. They are in partnership with one of the Industries leaders in Level5 Autonomy!
The Planning and Control researches and develops motion control algorithms and software for autonomous vehicles (AVs). The main focus is developing high-speed dynamic motion control and low-speed kinematic motion control of lateral (steering) and longitudinal (acceleration and braking) maneuver of AVs.
- Work on core planning and control algorithms such as routing, behavior planning, trajectory planning, feedback controllers, etc.
- Develop state-of-the-art algorithms for planning under uncertainty using stochastic optimization techniques with linear and non-linear objective functions
- Develop behavioral reasoning framework to support navigation in complex traffic scenarios, such as lane changes, merges, double-parked vehicles, and blind turns
- Develop functionally safe systems that fail gracefully and safely exit traffic when difficult situations arise
- Implement real-time algorithms on CPU/GPU in C++
- Build tools and infrastructure to verify and evaluate the performance of the planner/controller over time
- Ability to produce production-quality C++
- Strong background in artificial intelligence, robotics, algorithms, and data structure
- Ability to build applications for robot path planning using a broad range of tools such as numerical optimization, feedback control, system modeling, etc
- Ability to develop safety critical navigation systems for low-latency compute platforms
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and collaborate across teams and disciplines
- Openness to new / different ideas. Ability to evaluate multiple approaches and choose the best one based on first principles
Key Words: C++ AI robotics autonomous driving, motion planning algorithms control theory data structures]
#AI & Machine Learning
By applying to this role you understand that we may collect your personal data and store and process it on our systems. For more information please see our Privacy Notice (https://eu-recruit.com/about-us/privacy-notice/)